- What: Governor Inslee Birthday Rally and Fracked Gas Resistance
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Where: Washington State Capitol Building, north steps, 416 Sid Snyder Ave. SW, Olympia, WA.
- RSVP: RSVP online, carpool information, Facebook event.
- Bonus: Cupcakes and Power Past Fracked Gas t-shirts for everyone!
Governor Inslee celebrates his 68th birthday next month. As our "green governor" we want to wish him a happy birthday and send him a birthday wish: make clean energy decisions that protect our health, safety, and climate—don't lock us into dirty fracked gas export infrastructure.
Join us at a birthday rally for Governor Inslee and against dirty fracked gas projects threatening Washington state. Plus, we'll deliver over 130,000 public comments to the Governor's Office opposing dirty fracked gas projects and eat cupcakes.
You've spoken out against the risks to health, safety, and our climate from dirty fracked gas infrastructure projects like the Tacoma Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Kalama fracked gas-to-methanol refinery. Did you know that your voice was echoed 130,000 times by other people? Through public comment periods and petitions, over 130,000 voices have weighed-in for a clean energy—not fracked gas—future for Washington.
Let's celebrate Governor Inslee's birthday and send a powerful, clean energy birthday-wish message.