Learn about the Kalama methanol refinery
By any measure, the Kalama methanol refinery slated for construction on the banks of the Columbia River at the Port of Kalama is a giant. Designed to convert a staggering amount of natural gas into methanol, the facility would ship tankers of methanol to China to be used for making plastics or to be burned as fuel.
The same project-backers proposed a similar methanol refinery in Tacoma. Public outcry over dangerous pollution from methanol drove the company out of town. Kalama is the new target.
Websites with resources for you to learn about the Kalama methanol refinery:
- Check out https://www.columbiariverkeeper.org/our-work-fighting-fossil-fuels-fracked-gas/methanol-resources for fact sheets and resources
- Check out http://www.sightline.org/series/fracked-fuel-petrochemical-projects-oregon-washington/ for excellent reports on methanol export
- Check out www.nomethanol360.com for the really up-to-date information about the Kalama methanol refinery and climate action throughout Washington state! A great resource!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cleanairkalama/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nomethanol
Simple fact sheets to understand the Kalama methanol refinery:
- Sightline Institute: Kalama Methanol Refinery By-The-Numbers
- Columbia Riverkeeper: One page fact sheet on the Kalama methanol refinery
Documents produced by Northwest Innovation Works
- What Methanol Means for the NorthWest
- The Daily News - Save Our Washington!
- Chinese Methanol Plants Poisoning US Poor
- Methanol Plant Safety : Historical Perspective
- Portland Trib - New Details Emerging About Methanol Plant
- The Daily News
- Rose Valley Cemetery Radio Interview
- Methanol Opponents Pressure Port
- Climate Activists in Pacific Northwest Fight Construction of World's Largest Methanol Refinery
https://soundcloud.com/am1400-kedo Look for 5/26/2016
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.